Serves: 3 to 4 servings
Is there anyone who doesn’t love traditional southern fried Chicken ? No, i don’t think so, i think everyone love it ! It’s a gather around for special family gatherings and holidays . It’s golden color with it’s crispy bites are just yummy.
Gordon Ramsay says oil is really important, Jamie Oliver says it’s all about fresh bay leaves. But with this tried and true recipe you will have the perfect taste full of flavor that the southern fried chiken has to offer.
Important note: no finger licking, use a tissue. Yeah that’s how delicious this recipe is.
- 2 beaten egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- First, In a medium size bowl Beat the eggs and milk together
- Second, in a big plastic bag Combine the flour, garlic salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and paprika.
- Then Put your chicken in the bag, seal it and shake it for coating.
- Dredge the flour-coated chicken in the egg mixture and again in the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a skillet to 365 degrees. Carefully put the chiken until Brown on all sides.
- On a low meduim heat now, give the chicken another 30 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- Drain it on paper towels for a couple of minutes to get rid of the excess oil, and serve.
Tips And Tricks :
make sure that your oil is at the right preheated temperature, when frying. Adding cornstarch to the flour makes the crust more crispier. To enjoy your southern feast to the fullest, you can add mac and cheese, baked beans, mashed potatoes or corn on the cob as side dishes.